The University of Cincinnati has programs available for students to improve their English on the way to a high-value degree.
No matter your level of proficiency, you can find an English program at the University of Cincinnati that will get you on track to graduate.
- Accelerated College English (ACE) Program - a pathway program offering English coursework in addition to a student's degree program
- Summer Bridge Program - three-month summer English courses
- Center for English as a Second Language - academic unit that offers English language courses to support student success and to adapt to life and work in the United States
- English Conversation Programs - opportunities for current students and scholars to practice English conversation in a casual environment
- English Language Services Center - external partner that offers English language coursework with conditional admission to UC
Accelerated College English (ACE) Program
The Accelerated College English (ACE) Program is a pathway into the University of Cincinnati for students who want to earn a bachelor's degree in the United States and improve English reading, writing, and speaking proficiencies.
In one year, students take six academic major classes and six English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. This combined curriculum allows students to progress into a chosen academic major after the first year and graduate on time with no additional costs.
Summer Bridge Program
The Summer Bridge Program is a three-month English as a Second Language (ESL) online program for international high school students or matriculating students to improve their English proficiencies and earn college credit.
"Having an academic advisor that was so easy to access made everything so easy for me. My academic advisor has helped me with registration for my classes, major etc. That was one thing I was stressed about coming into college."
- Bonheur “Bobo” Kikonda, ACE Program Graduate
CECH Class of 2023
English Conversation Programs
The University of Cincinnati has multiple programs to help students (and scholars) with their conversational English throughout the academic year.
The BEARchats program, run by the Office of Ethnic Programs and Services, pairs international students with a native or fluent student from the United States. Partner pairs meet one-on-one for one hour each week in a non-classroom setting to practice English and explore American culture.
English Language Services (ELS) - Cincinnati
The ELS English Language Center in Cincinnati is located on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. ELS offers intensive English courses to get students ready for speaking and studying at university.
Upon successful completion of the ELS program, you fulfill the English language entry requirement for conditional admission to University of Cincinnati, as well as additional nearby partner colleges and universities.